In a recent article published by the American Kennel Club, AKC’s Chief Veterinary Officer, Dr. Jerry Klein, offered some insight into pet wellness and the use of CBD oil. The full article can be found here, along with other helpful information about your pooch’s well being! At KY Girl Hemp, owner-operator Rose Seeger is proud to supply Northern Kentucky with high-quality, state tested CBD products that are both for people and their beloved furry friends.
According to the AKC’s article, there are no formal studies to confirm the effect CBD has on dogs. To quote, “What scientists do know is that cannabinoids interact with the endocannabinoid receptors located in the central and peripheral nervous systems, which help maintain balance in the body and keep it in a normal healthy state…there is anecdotal evidence from dog owners suggesting it can treat pain, especially neuropathic pain, as well as helping to control seizures.”
To continue, “According to Dr. Klein, CBD is also used because of its anti-inflammatory properties, cardiac benefits, anti-nausea effects, appetite stimulation, anti-anxiety impact, and for possible anti-cancer benefits, although there’s no conclusive data on this use.”
There are currently 4 products that you can purchase on KY Girl CBD that are specifically for pet consumption.
- The Extract Wellness Pet Advantage Full Spectrum Hemp Oil: This 2 oz. bottle is an all[natural, 100% Kentucky grown industrial hemp can be added to your pet’s food or treats.
- Natural Hemp Dog Treats Doggy Bacon: These treats, made with CBD extract, are a tasty and attractive way to give a dose to your dog, recommended 1-3 treats every 12 hours for maximum benefits.
- Natural Hemp Dog Treats Steak Bites: These treats are designed to deliver a dose of CBD in a small bite form, recommended 1-3 treats every 12 hours.
- CBD Pet Food Additive Spray for Dogs & Cats: This pet spray can be added to your pet’s food, allowing your pet to keep it’s normal diet.
- Daniel’s CBD Treats : Homemade special diet treats made with fruit and yogurt – sold in-store only
If you have a pet that you believe to be suffering from minor pain, inflammation, or other ailments, you could give KY Girl Hemp’s CBD products a try! Valuing all customers, especially the 4-footed ones, is part of why KY Girl Hemp’s business is so successful: they form personal relationships with each customer and go above and beyond to help meet their needs. Tina N., a current client of KY Girl Hemp, shares this testimonial about her experience helping her pet with CBD oil.
“We found KY Girl Hemp when our old retriever mix had issues with his back legs. At sixteen years old, Chester clearly had gone beyond his prime. The mixture that Rose Seeger of Kentucky Girl Hemp suggested for our beloved Chester helped to soothe his aching bones. He rested better, ate more bologna, (his nighttime treat), and made it up and down the steps easier than without the hemp. Thanks for all you have done for our Chester.”
If you have a ‘Chester’ in your life, we invite you to try KY Girl Hemp’s pet products!